Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
- Scroll down to Lesson 1 in Course Content and click on Course Evaluation – More Potent Methamphetamine, Forms and Mixtures of Fentanyl and the “Xines” and “Xenes”
- After you complete and submit the evaluation, return here and click the Mark Complete button. You will be able to download and print your certificate.
This session will review the interface and nuances of the use of buprenorphine in a person with pain. We will review multiple angles, including both the treatment of acute and chronic pain in a person receiving buprenorphine for OUD and the use of buprenorphine to treat pain (with or without OUD).
- Compare and contrast the various formulations of buprenorphine including consideration of FDA indication, route of administration, and dose
- Identify the clinical result of using buprenorphine in a person who is opioid naive and in a person who is currently using other medical or nonmedical opioids
- Describe the efficacy and clinical pearls associated with the use of buprenorphine patch and transmucosal forms for analgesia in a person with and without OUD
- Identify emerging and best practices regarding treatment of acute and chronic pain in a person receiving buprenorphine for OUD