Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
Recognizing the culture and values, and identifying the societal structures in which you live and work build a capacity for providing empathic care to your clients with backgrounds and ideals you may not fully understand. In this 90 minute webinar, Dr. Kowale Bankole will discuss bias, cultural domains, and the health equity prescription. He will also engage the audience in some self-awareness exercises to clarify their own frame of reference and to develop strategies for cultivating empathy and building cultural humility when caring for diverse populations.
You will be able to:
- Review how unconscious bias, stereotyping and assumption impact healthcare work
- Compare and contrast the five cultural domains
- Discuss strategies for developing cultural humility as healthcare professionals
- Identify the health equity prescription.