Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
Course description and learning objectives:
This educational presentation will cover terms and definitions specific to gender identity, Maine based statistics about the transgender population, and trauma informed practices with transgender survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence.
- Discuss the difference between gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and attraction
- Identify vulnerabilities trans people experience; particularly in Maine
- Discuss the general application of trauma informed practices with all domestic violence survivors, including transgender people.
- Review the specific application of trauma informed practices with transgender survivors of domestic violence.