Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Home Forums Mindfulness in Behavioral Health Course Forums Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Elaine Kaneski
Participant

Question 1
I completed the Soft Belly Meditation a long day at work, so it did take me a bit longer than normal (for me) to feel the relief and or relaxation, but once I took a few full breaths, I did start to let the rest of my day slip out of my mind and focus on the general soothing feeling in my chest more than my belly. Switching my focus towards my relaxed belly feeling allowed me to surrender a bit more to the seated position I was in as well.
Question 2
I really enjoyed the general sense of relaxation I felt during this exercise when I listened to the guided audio. It was soothing to me as many meditations thankfully are and I felt this is an extremely effective way for an individual to get into a positive acceptance or “flow”…. Repeating the acceptance statements really served me well in this exercise and didn’t allow my brain to wander.