Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Home Forums Mindfulness in Behavioral Health Course Forums Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Question 1
What did you notice about your physical experience during the Soft Belly Meditation? What was it like for you to have a point of focus be the soft belly? How would you evaluate the effectiveness of this meditation to enhance acceptance of feelings and sensations in the moment?
I initially was hesitant as I have grown older, my belly fat as increased but it was interesting to explore it, certainly helped with acceptance.
Question 2
What did you notice about your physical experience during the Acceptance Exercise? What was it like for you to have the point of focus be the phrase, “May I accept myself completely as I am right now?” How would you evaluate the effectiveness of this mindfulness exercise to enhance acceptance of self in the moment?
As above.

Question 3
How would you envision adapting and integrating the Soft Belly Meditation and/or the Acceptance Exercise into your clinical work with others, particularly people with addictions? Be specific.
I think self acceptance is a significant area for people who have various challenges and this would be very helpful for recovery efforts and to get them out of their own beliefs and negative thoughts.