Reply To: Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Home Forums Mindfulness in Behavioral Health Course Forums Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) Reply To: Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Dorothy Muncey
Participant

Question 1
Physically counting my breaths, I noticed I was more focused on counting than breathing. It did take my mind off my thoughts and allowed me to stay focused. I think this would be a good/valuable tool to introduce people to meditation and might remind some of the counting to 10 of calming down.

Question 2
Focusing on your breath did allow me to relax more and to guide my thoughts back to my breath. My mind does wander and breathing focus brings it back. I think this might be because I do practice yoga and was familiar with this technique. My yoga instructor says this is the easiest to do, but the hardest to master.

Question 3

Both were very similar with the sitting comfortably, finding a relaxed position with hands and body, but the difference was what to focus on. Introduction might be with the counting and then focus on guiding mind with the breath.