2021.09.29 | 11 a.m. to 12:00p.m. | Basic Review: The Brain’s Basis of Serious Psychiatric, Stress & Substance Use Disorders | 1 Contact Hour or 1 CME
This presentation will review both normal and abnormal brain function and examine the relationships between brain dysfunction, psychiatric disorders and substance use disorders.
ABOUT the PRESENTER
Carl Salzman, MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts Mental Health Center. Dr. Salzman has developed a long-standing educational program in psychopharmacology at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center for psychiatric residents, psychology interns as well as a highly successful psychopharmacology continuing education programs for practicing clinicians that annually draws students from around the US, Canada, South America and Europe. Read more
- 1 Continuing Medical Education This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and (CCSME). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 contact hour independent study Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
Completion of an electronic evaluation is required to receive a certificate of contact hours.