2021.11.01 | 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Transgender Series Part I: Cultural Competency and Trauma Informed Responses to Domestic Violence | 3 Contact Hours
This educational presentation will cover terms and definitions specific to gender identity, Maine based statistics about the transgender population, and trauma informed practices with transgender survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence.
What you will learn:
- Discuss the difference between gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and attraction
- Identify vulnerabilities trans people experience; particularly in Maine
- Discuss the general application of trauma informed practices with all domestic violence survivors, including transgender people.
- Review the specific application of trauma informed practices with transgender survivors of domestic violence.
About the Presenter
Maya Williams, MSW Maya Williams is a Black/Mixed Race queer non-binary woman, writer, and suicide survivor based out of Portland, Maine. Read more
- 3 contact hours for nurses
- 3 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 3 Category I contact hours forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 3 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 3 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Conflict of Interest This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
- Commercial Support There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offering.
- Approval Statement CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Provider Number 4002961