2021.11.03 | 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Transgender Series Part II: Domestic Violence and Gender Inclusive Responses | 3 Contact Hours
The presenter will share the necessity for gender inclusive peer support groups and discuss how agencies who support domestic violence survivors can become more gender inclusive. A basic level of competency in the transgender culture will benefit participants in this training.
- Review the power and control transgender people may experience in abusive or toxic relationships
- Discuss the benefits of facilitating all gender groups
- Examine the history of the anti-violence movement’s gender exclusivity
- Discuss red flags from trans exclusionary radical feminism
- Identify gender inclusivity in funding, agency culture, and agency practice
About the Presenter
Maya Williams, MSW Maya Williams is a Black/Mixed Race queer non-binary woman, writer, and suicide survivor based out of Portland, Maine. Read more
- 3 contact hours for nurses
- 3 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 3 Category I contact hours forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 3 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 3 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Conflict of Interest This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
- Commercial Support There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offering.
- Approval Statement CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Provider Number 4002961