2021.12.14 | Noon Discussion with Dr. John Brooklyn | Use of Sustained Release Buprenorphine (SRB) in the Outpatient Setting | 1 contact hour or 1 CME
In collaboration with University of Vermont, Center on Rural Addiction, CCSME presents the third installment of a noon discussion series on issues surrounding substance use disorders. Experts will guide an audience lead discussion on their research and findings in their specialized field of study. This activity will be a reciprocal discussion between the facilitator and the audience. Participants who view the video and the slides prior to attending will gain the greatest benefit. Please come prepared to actively engage in the learning process!
* Video: Use of Sustained Release Buprenorphine (SRB) in the Outpatient Setting
* Slides: Use of Sustained Release Buprenorphine (SRB) in the Outpatient Setting
Please test your Internet strength, and your devices’s audio and video capabilities before attending.
John Brooklyn, MD Dr. Brooklyn is Board Certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. He has been a strong advocate for integrating people with substance use disorders into medical homes and conceived of the nationally recognized Hub and Spoke model to seamlessly treat opioid use disorders. read more
2021.09.14 | Assessment and Treatment of Co-Occurring PTSD and Substance Use Disorders with Dr. Kelly Peck
2021.10.12 | Treatment of Stimulant Use Disorders with Dr. Rick Rawson
2021.11.09 | A Multigenerational Approach to Prevention and Treatment of SUDs with Dr. Peter Jackson
- 1 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 contact hours independent study Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- AMA Designation Statement The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and (CCSME). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Completion of an electronic evaluation is required to receive a certificate of contact hours.