2022.04.06 | 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Mind Body Series Part 1: Introduction to Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga | 3 Contact Hours
With a focus on the theoretical underpinnings and key methodology of TCTSY (Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga), participants will learn about this evidenced based, adjunctive treatment for Complex Trauma. This framework can be applied to a diverse range of professions and contexts, including but not limited to, teachers, mental health professionals, medical practitioners, bodyworkers, behavioral healthcare providers, and everyday living. This workshop will include an optional TCTSY practice and explore attachment theory, trauma theory and neuroscience. Designed for students, teachers, clinicians and survivors, the course provides an overview and understanding of trauma, how to use yoga as part of the healing process, and how to incorporate components of trauma-sensitive yoga into your life or clinical practice.
This program is solely information on TCTSY and is not intended as an intervention for those who have experienced trauma. Talking about trauma, even in the context of a workshop, can be triggering.
About the Presenter
- 3 contact hours for nurses
- 3 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 3 Category I contact hours forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 3 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 3 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Conflict of Interest This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
- Commercial Support There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offering.
- Approval Statement CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Provider Number 4002961