2022.04.08 | 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. | Mind Body Series Part 2 | Embodied with Nature: Intro to Ecotherapy
3 Contact Hours
Interest in nature connection has surged in recent years and for multiple reasons. In part, an increase in natural disasters due to climate crisis combined with social distancing through the COVID-19 pandemic has forced us to take a hard look at how we are living on this planet and how it impacts our health. Ecopsychology offers us a body of research that helps us re-conceptualize ourselves as nature and ecotherapy practices help us to regulate our nervous systems and deepen our connection to the earth. In clinical practice, connection to the earth through our bodies allows us to feel calmer and more present while fostering a greater sense of belonging and reciprocity with the natural world. Participants will explore the field of ecotherapy, how to facilitate their own embodied connection to the land and strategies to integrate nature connection into their existing work.
This program is solely information on ecotherapy and is not intended as an intervention
About the Presenter
Jessica Wallner, LCPC Jessica’s work with clients integrates neuroscience, polyvagal theory, mindfulness, nature connection and body-based practices to find more ease in body, mind and spirit. Read more
- 3 contact hours for nurses
- 3 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 3 Category I contact hours forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 3 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 3 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Conflict of Interest This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
- Commercial Support There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offering.
- Approval Statement CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Provider Number 4002961