2022.06.15 | 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. | Part 4 Seafaring Series | Case Analysis
In collaboration with Southern Midcoast Communities for Prevention and Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association, CCSME is offering four weekly one hour Webinars that will address specific challenges to the health and livelihood of workers in the commercial fishing industry, provide resources for both providers and their clients, and conclude with a case analysis.
Using the knowledge gained from parts 1 through 3, the audience and the presenter will collaborate to analyze a case study.
Participants will be able to analyze a case study for treating a de-identified individual who earns their living from fishing.
About the Presenter
Dan Keniston, LCSW Dan is a psychotherapist serving the mid-coast Maine area, in private practice and as a part-time employee of Islands Community Medical Services on Vinalhaven Island. Read more
2022.05.25 Part 1 | Commercial Fishing by Land and by Sea
2022.06.01 Part 2| The Impact of Culture and Environment on Healing Relationships in the Fishing Community
2022.06.08 Part 3 |Resources for the Commercial Fishing Community & for Providers Working with Its Members
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 Category I contact hour forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.