2022.06.08 | 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. | Part 3 Seafaring Series |Resources for the Commercial Fishing Community and for Providers Working with Its Members | 1 Contact Hour
In collaboration with Southern Midcoast Communities for Prevention and Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association, CCSME is offering four weekly one hour Webinars that will address specific challenges to the health and livelihood of workers in the commercial fishing industry, provide resources for both providers and their clients, and conclude with a case analysis.
Focusing on the mental health and physical health challenges fishermen and their families experience, Monique and Julia will discuss the barriers to accessing care fishermen face and share ideas with participants regarding community partners available to reduce those barriers and meet the needs of this community.
Participants will be able to identify and access resources that can support the work of providers who are caring for fishermen and their families.
About the Presenters
Julia Bergquist, LCSW Julia Bergquist operates as a Brunswick area private practice clinician, Bates College counselor, and as a Mental Health Coordinator at Oasis Free Clinics in Brunswick. Julia’s role at Oasis includes connecting Oasis patients to pro bono mental health services and case management resources. Read more
Monique Coombs Monique is the director of Community Programs for the Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association (MCFA). MCFA is an industry-driven nonprofit working with fishermen to restore the fisheries in the Gulf of Maine and sustain Maine’s fishing communities for future generations.
2022.05.25 Part 1 | Commercial Fishing by Land and by Sea
2022.06.01 Part 2 | The Impact of Culture and Environment on Healing Relationships in the Fishing Community
2022.06.15 Part 4 | Case Analysis
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 Category I contact hour forsychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.