2022.08.02 | 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. | PCPlus Updates and Overview
The program will introduce the new PCPlus, MaineCare’s value-based payment initiative. PCPlus replaces the primary care programs of Primary Care Case Management, Primary Care Incentive Payment (PCPIP), and Health Homes. PCPlus is designed to provide primary care providers greater flexibility and incentives to effectively meet MaineCare members’ healthcare needs. PCPlus transitions away from a volume-based (fee-for-service) payment system that has little connection to value, toward an approach that provides population-based payments tied to cost- and quality-related outcomes. There will be an opportunity for questions and answers.
A review of the updates on the Opioid Health Home (OHH) will be scheduled when they become available.
- Prescribing clinicians and their teams
Presented by MaineCare
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and CCSME. The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 Category I contact hour for psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors