2021.1.25 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Basic Psychopharmacology for Nonprescribing Clinicians | 4 Contact Hours
This session will review basic psychopharmacology and is aimed at healthcare professionals and clinicians who do not generally prescribe medications. The workshop will provide an overview of psychopharmacology, including common targets of medication therapy and predicted effects based on the mechanism. Links between psychopharmacology and anticipated adverse effects will be emphasized. Next, we will explore the use of specific medications in the treatment of psychiatric diseases/disorders. We will explore place in therapy and clinical pearls. Throughout the session, participants will have an opportunity to participate in multiple small group activities and breakout rooms to explore the concepts we discuss in more detail.
About the Presenter
Stephanie Nichols, PharmD, BCPS, BCPP Dr. Stephanie Nichols is an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the University of New England College of Pharmacy, Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the Tufts University School of Medicine, and a Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Pharmacist at Maine Medical Center in Portland. Read more
- 4 contact hours for nurses
- 4 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 4 Category I contact hours for psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 4 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 4 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors
- Criteria for Successful Completion 100% Attendees required to attend and be present in the training session, and to complete the course evaluation. Partial credit will not be awarded.
- Conflict of Interest This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or has any relevant financial relationships to declare.
- Commercial Support There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offering.
- Approval Statement CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Approved Provider Number 4002961