2023.03.07 | 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Facilities: Prescribing and Managing OUD and AUD
- Adapting outpatient practice to SNF/LTC Facilities
- Basic review of protocols
- Explore applications utilizing case examples
Prescribing clinicians and their teams
Amelia Hersey, PA-C Amelia is the lead physician assistant with the Community Care and Geriatrics team at Penobscot Community Healthcare, working in skilled nursing and long-term care for the past 8 years. Also, she has been the lead provider for the New Horizons Detox Unit in Hampden (a ten-bed withdrawal management unit for acute opioid and alcohol withdrawal) since it opened in 2018. She began combining these two fields in 2018 by treating patients in skilled rehab and long-term care facilities who are on medication for opioid use disorder.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and CCSME. The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 Category I contact hour for psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors