Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
Maintaining physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional health is important for everyone and it is particularly important for those working in helping professions like social work, nursing, case management, and counseling. Practicing self-care can be an antidote to burnout and chronic stress. While people in many fields experience burnout and work stress, social service professionals are particularly at risk because of the high levels of empathy required by their jobs and the vulnerability of clients and patients.
Burnout can lead to depression, physical illness, a sense of meaninglessness in one’s work and apathy. Left unchecked, these symptoms can lead to time lost from work and professional errors.
This workshop discussed the ethics of self-care for social service professional, provide opportunities to assess one’s self-care, and begin to create an individualized self-care plan.
- Develop a personal self-care plan that meets your needs and fits into your lifestyle