This talk delves into the intersection of opioid use disorder/substance use disorder (OUD/SUD) and anxiety in adults. Participants will learn how to differentiate and approach various anxiety types; screen, assess, and address co-occurring OUD/SUD, and understand appropriate pharmacologic management critical to patient care.
- Differentiate between substance-induced anxiety, withdrawal-induced anxiety, and clinical organic anxiousness
- Employ effective screening methods to identify co-occurring OUD/SUD in patients presenting with anxiety
- Understand the implications and potential interactions of medications prescribed for anxiety when taken in conjunction with medications for opioid use disorder
Continuing Medical Education Credits:
For physicians who require a CME certificate, the certificate will be emailed directly to you 2-3 weeks after this course You must complete the survey within 2 weeks to receive your certificate. For all other professions, you can download and use the certificate provided within this course.
Online Course Evaluation: Instructions
After the live meeting ends:
- Log into this online course
- Click below on “Course Survey” to access the survey. After completing the survey, return to the course page.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you need a certificate for Continuing Medical Education, you will be emailed a CME certificate within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation.