This webinar will build upon previous webinars on the topics of legal and regulatory requirements for controlled substance prescribing in Maine. In addition, ways to approach the prescribing of controlled substances from an office and organization level will be discussed. Time will be available to ask questions and offer up best practices.
- Understand the “Mandatory Use” and “Higher-Risk Prescriber” monitoring being done by the PMP
- Review Maine laws and rules related to opioid and other controlled substance prescribing
- Compare “Universal Precautions” policies and workflows intended to maximize patient safety and minimize prescriber risk
Continuing Medical Education Credits:
For physicians who require a CME certificate, the certificate will be emailed directly to you within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation. For all other professions, you can download and use the certificate provided within this course.
Online Course Evaluation: How it works
After the live meeting ends:
- Log into this online course
- Click below on “Course Survey” to access the survey. After completing the survey, return to the course page.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you need a certificate for Continuing Medical Education, you will be emailed a CME certificate within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation.