This program will cover withdrawal symptoms and assessment for patients with significant alcohol use histories. It will cover the Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment (CIWA) as well as some treatment options for withdrawal symptoms. Lastly we will discuss red flags/ highest concern symptoms and when to escalate care.
1. Understand the withdrawal process for alcohol
2. Feel competent in doing a Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment (CIWA)
3. Identify red flags for when alcohol withdrawal may be severe and life threatening
Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We now use our online course system for course evaluations and certificates. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends:
- Log into this online course
- Click below on “Course Survey” to access the survey. After completing the survey, return to the course page.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you need a certificate for Continuing Medical Education, you will be emailed a CME certificate within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation.