As Maine has moved to legalize sports gambling, there is a need for treatment providers to become more aware of problem gambling in their clients and its negative effects on OUD treatment success. Rick Berman, LPC, CGACII, a consultant to Oregon and numerous gambling treatment programs, will provide an overview of how to recognize gambling issues and their impact on treatment for opioid use disorder.
- Learn how even mild gambling problems reduce the effectiveness of Opioid Use Disorder treatment and are associated with OTP treatment disengagement.
- Learn how to effectively discuss gambling with patients and screen for gambling problems.
Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We now use our online course system for course evaluations and certificates. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends:
- Log into this online course
- Click below on “Course Survey” to access the survey. After completing the survey, return to the course page.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you need a certificate for Continuing Medical Education, you will be emailed a CME certificate within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation.