Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
- Scroll down to Lesson 1 in Course Content and click on Course Evaluation
- After you complete and submit the evaluation, return here and click the Mark Complete button. You will be able to download and print your certificate.
Diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD are on the rise. Patients with substance use disorder are thought to be disproportionately affected by ADHD but how safe is it, and what impact does the pharmacologic treatment have? This session will bring together psychiatry and addiction medicine physicians to explore this clinical question. We will present clinical advice about diagnosis, review literature about pharmacologic treatment, and bring experience and evidence together to discuss common clinical questions on this topic.
1. Identify considerations in enhancing the specificity of making an ADHD dx in adults
2. Outline potential harms of stimulant therapy
3. Describe the evidence for benefit of treatment of adult ADHD, and the limitations of that evidence
- Identify considerations in enhancing the specificity of making an ADHD dx in adults
- Outline potential harms of stimulant therapy
- Describe the evidence for benefit of treatment of adult ADHD, and the limitations of that evidence