Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
- Scroll down to Lesson 1 in Course Content and click on Course Evaluation
- After you complete and submit the evaluation, return here and click the Mark Complete button. You will be able to download and print your certificate.
- The evaluation will remain open one month from the date of the course and must be completed within that time to receive continuing medical education or contact hours.
This webinar is aimed at non-specialists and will focus on safe prescribing to those with co-occurring substance use disorder(s) and borderline personality disorder. Dr. Connery is currently co-editing with Lois Choi-Kain, MD, an adaptation of John Gunderson’s evidence-based treatment manual, Good Psychiatric Management, for patients having both borderline personality disorder and alcohol use disorder. This manual will be published by the American Psychiatric Association Press in fall 2024.
- Participants will learn about community prevalence of co-occurring SUD and BPD in non-specialty care settings and how SUD+BPD impacts patient care outcomes
- Participants will learn the most recent evidence-based medication treatments for BPD, with and without SUD, with special considerations for safe prescribing in the context of active SUD and/or elevated suicide risk
- Participants will be provided brief descriptions of evidence-based psychotherapies for SUD+BPD, along with nationally-available resources for referral and patient/family education