How it Works
This is a five-week, online course. Each week students are given material to complete online at their convenience during the week. A .pdf certificate will be issued upon completion of all course material and a course evaluation.
- Understand the scope and diversity of ethical issues that you are likely to face in your supervisory relationships
- Demonstrate an ability to weigh competing values and use a sound ethical decision-making process to determine principles of action in your supervisory relationships
- Understand the multiple roles of the clinical supervisor and demonstrate an understanding of the difference between doing psychotherapy and clinical supervision with supervisees
- Demonstrate an ability to explore clinician counter-transference issues in an ethical and respectful way
- Identify strategies for preventing ethical dilemmas in clinical practice
About the Facilitator
Patricia A. Burke, MSW, LCSW, BCD is a Board Certified Diplomat in Clinical Social Work, a Certified Clinical Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Social Worker and a Certified Clinical Supervisor with over 30 of clinical and teaching experience.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 10 contact hours for nurses.
CCSME Provider Unit is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Northeast Multi-State Division (NE-MSD), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation status does not imply endorsement by ANCC, NE-MSD or CCSME Provider Unit.
- 10 contact hours pending approval by the Maine Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors.
- 10 Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided.
CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 10 contact hours for CHES.
CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Certificate of completion for 10 contact hours for Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, and other Professionals.