This course describes the complexities of family planning decision making, with a focus on factors that influence family planning for women with opioid use disorder (OUD). Contraceptive effectiveness, stigma, and incorporation of family planning in recovery services are also discussed. Participants will be able to review family planning and approaches to family planning in women with OUD. This webinar was supported by the Vermont Center on Behavior and Health.
- Understand the complexities of family planning for women
- Understand the tiers of contraceptive effectiveness
- Identify resources for patients to help them make family planning decisions
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Marjorie Meyer, M.D., you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation (1 hour)
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Marjorie Meyer, MD | Dr. Meyer oversees the treatment for pregnant women with opioid use disorder at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Read more
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR pending for nurses
- 1 CONTACT HOUR for social workers, licensed professional clinical counselors, psychologists, continuing health education specialists, and behavioral healthcare workers.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR pending for alcohol and drug counselors.
Disclosure: Neither the presenter nor the program planners (CCSME) have any commercial interest or conflict of interest to disclose.
Disclaimer: This course is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice. The views, opinions, and content expressed in this presentation do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of the Co-Occurring Collaborative Serving Maine (CCSME).