Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
CCSME has a new process for course evaluations with our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
This presentation will discuss the current status of medical and recreational marijuana use in treatment courts, as well as probation, parole and pre-trial release, diversion/deferred sentencing by reviewing developing case law, and applicable state and federal legislative schemes. How are the Courts going to traverse the formation of medical and recreational marijuana use policies? Should the Courts await a decision by their state Supreme Courts or the U.S. Supreme Court? Or should the Courts begin to synthesize their state and appellate case law and develop policies through their SCOAs or Chief Justices of their state Supreme Courts? Should all the Courts forego all other approaches safe for judicial discretion based upon the totality of the circumstances? Whatever the direction, these policies are becoming more and more essential.
You will be able to:
- Identify developing appellate case law regarding the use of medical and recreational marijuana in the courts.
- Identify the factors used by the courts in making a determination on the use of medical and recreational marijuana
- Develop policy considerations for the use of medical and recreational marijuana in treatment courts.