Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We are trying a new process for course evaluations using our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
Course description and learning objectives:
This educational presentation will continue to address domestic violence in the transgender population. The presenter will share the necessity for gender inclusive peer support groups and discuss how agencies who support domestic violence survivors can become more gender inclusive. Participants in this training are expected to meet a basic level of competency in the transgender culture.
- Review the power and control transgender people may experience in abusive or toxic relationships
- Discuss the benefits of facilitating all gender groups
- Examine the history of the anti-violence movement’s gender exclusivity
- Discuss red flags from trans exclusionary radical feminism
- Identify gender inclusivity in funding, agency culture, and agency practice