Reply To: Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Home Forums Mindfulness in Behavioral Health Course Forums Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) Reply To: Week 1 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Sandra Wyman
Participant

Question 1
I found this meditation an easier guide. It was quiet with great focus on each aspect of guiding the body through the mediation. I also thought that focusing on my breathing was much easier and I felt as though it was easier to let go of outside interfering thoughts. I also recognized that my body, especially my hands and arms felt heavier (although not in an uncomfortable way) as though I was more relaxed. It was more calming for my mind and body.

Question 2
I found this exercise difficult to follow. That may be because I did them back to back and found my mind needing to concentrate more on the guided meditation than the first breath counting meditation

Question 3
My experience was that the breath counting exercise was more relaxing. I felt as though I had more of a focus that kept my mind from wandering. I felt as though with more practice, that this could be utilized in everyday events, that it is a skill that can be used in a variety of situations.