Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Home Forums Mindfulness in Behavioral Health Course Forums Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health) Reply To: Week 3 Homework Assignment (Mindfulness in Behavioral Health)

Julia Foster
Participant

Question 1
I enjoyed this as it was great with body awareness, I wonder for patients/clients if that could be triggering but at the same time feeling vulnerable can be a great vessel for change. I think this is a great one to teach and pull into sessions.
Question 2
This felt very powerful, with the stress/strain and overall anxiety we are experiencing I find I put a lot of pressure on myself and this brought up a lot of emotions for me. Our inner critic can be LOUD in times if stress and acceptance is so important to shift this. I use acceptance a lot in practice and find when someone is able to work this into daily thinking (myself included) it feels empowering and almost like a huge relief.
Question 3
With addiction work I focus a lot on mind/body awareness, working to change patterns of thinking and patterns of behaviors. Acceptance is utilized a lot in 12step work and think with the guilt/shame that often comes with recovery and patterns of substance use this can be very empowering and helpful for patients to learn and utilize.