Reply To: Homework Week 1 (Wellness and Recovery Promotion)

Carrie Baker
Participant

1) I enjoyed doing the mindful writing. It was initially difficult to decide what to start with, but became easier once I got started. Some personal skills and abilities that I have relied on included being able to stay calm to think things through, trying to look at all sides of the situation, continuing to push through and take steps forward, recognizing that the situation is temporary.

2) The mindful writing helped me to uncover my narrative by noticing that I do not give up, and am willing to try different ideas and think out of the box to come up with solutions. I continue to push through situations, and if something isn’t working I will try a different path. The mindful writing allowed me to see some of these patterns and highlighted some of these themes in my thoughts.

3) In my work I can be supportive in assisting client’s to find their narratives, and give them a safe non-judgemental space to do that in. I can utilize the questions to assist them on reflecting on their stories, notice patterns, and identify their strengths.