Introductions (Applications of MI)

Home Forums Applications of MI Course Forums Introductions (Applications of MI)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Patricia Burke
    Keymaster

Please reply to this topic to tell us a bit about yourself and your hopes for this course.

Click here to go back to the course.

Colleen Drake
    Participant

Hello,
    My name is Colleen Drake and I am the Lead Children’s Targeted Case Manager for Care & Comfort.

Danielle Wilbur
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Danielle Wilbur and I am an Homeless Outreach/ Case Manager for KBH covering Franklin and Oxford Counties. I am looking forward to learning more about Motivational Interviewing.

Danielle Wilbur
    Participant

Hi Colleen 🙂

Monica Sonner
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Monica Sonner and I am a case manager at Crisis and Counseling. I mostly work with children, but I do have some parents as well on my caseload. I have been a case manager for almost 3 months now and I have learned so much! Prior to case management I was working as a BHP and Ed-tech III for both in-home support as well as in a preschool setting. I have a BCJ in forensic psychology with a minor in addictions counseling, an MS in psychology, and I am currently working on my PhD in developmental psychology focusing on adolescent development. I am excited to learn more about motivational interviewing and getting to know all of you!

Monica Sonner
    Participant

Hi Danielle! I think it is amazing that you are able to provide support and help to people who are homeless. I know that takes a lot of perseverance and dedication. I look forward to seeing your posts over the next few weeks!

Melissa Ivey
    Participant

Hello,
    My name is Melissa Ivey, and I am a counselor at Acadia Hospital. I work with both adults and children and I’m looking forward to learning more about motivational interviewing. I believe the techniques will be very beneficial in working with my clients.

Jennifer McCaslin
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Jenn McCaslin and I am a Mental Health Case Manager with ESM. I have recently added to my caseload, clients who are involved with federal probation and pretrial. I believe this course will assist me with supporting this particular client based group.

Betsey Davis
    Participant

Hi everyone–My name is Betsey Davis and I work as a unit social worker at Long Creek Youth Development Center and also have a private counseling practice where I treat adolescents, adults and couples. I have taken MI courses before and thought a refresher would be helpful for me. I’m looking forward to working with you all! Betsey

Charles Cardoza
    Participant

Hello. My name is Charlie Cardoza. I work as a counselor and administrative assistant at Milestone Recovery in Olld Orchard Beach. I have been there for 5 1/2 yers.

beckruth
    Participant

Hello. I am Becky McMahan. I work as a therapist at Penobscot Community Health Care at a primary care office. I have worked here for over 20yrs. I am working with a lot of primary care providers who are new to prescribing Suboxone as well as working with folks who are in early recovery. I took and MI course this summer and I find that these skills are not only helpful with patients, but also with primary care providers who are reticent to take on folks with SUD. I hope to become more proficient. Nice to meet you all!

Charles Cardoza
    Participant

Hi. My name is Charlie Cardoza. Since 2015, I have been working at Milestone Recovery in Old Orchard Beach as a counselor and administrative assistant. Prior to this I worked 4 years as a counselor for the High Point organization in Massachusetts; at a detox in Brockton and a CSS in New Bedford. In a past life I served as a First Responder for 32 years.

Carol Acedo
    Participant

Hi, My name is Carol Acedo. I work for ESM, as a MH Case Manager. I have been in this field for 1 year and I am working on my LSX.

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Hello, I’m Tom Kelly a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor and affiliate with Top of the Hill Counseling in Portland.

Diane Scalia
    Participant

Hi, my name is Diane Scalia, I work at Blue Willow Counseling’s Lewiston office providing mental health and substance use services. I also am an affiliate with Health Affiliates Maine in private practice providing mental health services to children, adolescents and adults. I too have federal probation clients on my caseload. MI techniques are wonderfully applicable in many settings and I am looking to sharpening my skills.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.