2022.12.21 | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Substance Use and Co-occurring Infectious Diseases
- Recognize the interplay between Infectious Disease and Substance Use disorder epidemics
- Identify opportunities to incorporate recommended screening into practice settings
Prescribing clinicians and their teams
About the Presenter
Kinna Thakarar, DO
I’m board-certified in Infectious Disease, addiction medicine, and internal medicine, and I enjoy working with patients and their families to develop individualized, evidence-based treatment plans. I am also an affiliated investigator at the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, where my current research focuses on the intersection between substance use disorders and infectious diseases. I enjoy being an active member of several regional and national professional societies, as well as advocating for issues that impact the health of our community. Clinical Interest: HIV and AIDS, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, Infectious complications of substance use disorders, Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD), Viral Hepatitis
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and CCSME. The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- 1 contact hour for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1 Category I contact hour for psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1 contact hour CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1 contact hour pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors