In partnership with UNE Center for Excellence in Collaborative Education, CCSME is providing this workshop to educate clinicians about the industry-specific challenges impacting the mental and physical health of commercial fishermen. Participants will learn how to work effectively with commercial fishermen, and their families and will learn about available resources for supporting their future work in caring for fishermen and their families.
Understand the industry-specific challenges that impact the mental and physical health of commercial fisherman
Identify resources for supporting your work in caring for commercial fishermen and their families
As a result of this learning activity, participants will learn how to work effectively with commercial fisherman and their families.
February 8, 2023
12 pm to 1:30 pm EDT
Contact hours A completed evaluation is required to receive contact hours for the following:
Up to 1.5 Continuing Medical Education This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and (CCSME). The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Criteria for Successful Completion
100% Attendees required to participate and be present in the full duration of the learning activity and complete/submit an evaluation form. Partial credit will not be awarded.
Conflict of Interest
This educational activity does not include any content that relates to the products and/or services of a commercial interest that would create a conflict of interest. There are no individuals in a position to control content for this activity or have any relevant financial relationships to declare.
There is no commercial support being received for this CNE offerings.
CCSME is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.5 contact hours for nurses
- 1.5 contact hours for social workers, licensed clinical professional counselors, and behavioral health professionals
- 1.5 Category I contact hours for psychologists are provided. CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 1.5 contact hours CHES. CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- 1.5 contact hours pending for alcohol and drug counselors from the board of alcohol and drug counselors