In this video course, Dr. Leah Bauer discusses evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat co-occurring substance use and psychiatric disorders. This webinar is relevant for both providers and prescribers.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and utilize general principles for diagnosing individuals with COD
- Discuss the scientific evidence for various pharmacologic treatments to address co-occurring disorders.
- Describe practical tips and strategies to enhance treatment of patients with co-occurring disorders
- Analyze your proficiency in addressing co-occurring disorders
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Leah Bauer, M.D., you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation (1 hour)
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Leah K. Bauer, MD | Dr. Leah Bauer is a psychiatrist and has served as Medical Director of the Addiction Resource Center at Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick since 2014, as well as a consulting psychiatrist to Bowdoin College. She graduated from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and went on to residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital adult psychiatry program where she served as chief resident. She has a strong interest in medication assisted treatment of substance use disorders and has led multiple buprenorphine x-waiver trainings as well as spoken at local and national meetings on these issues. She is also interested in addiction as it relates to women’s specific issues, and systemic change to address the opioid epidemic. She enjoys the outdoors and life in Maine with her husband and two young children.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR for social workers, licensed professional clinical counselors, psychologists, continuing health education specialists, and behavioral healthcare workers.
- This course may be used for 1 contact hour for MHRT-C Domain 6
Disclosure: Neither the presenter nor the program planners (CCSME) have any commercial interest or conflict of interest to disclose.
Disclaimer: This course is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice. The views, opinions, and content expressed in this presentation do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or policies of the Co-Occurring Collaborative Serving Maine (CCSME).