This webinar will provide learners with a structured and evidence-based approach for substance use screening with adolescents. Specific strategies related to nicotine (including vaping), prescription and illicit drugs will be described. Participants will also learn about the risks of prescription stimulant misuse and develop skills to prevent and address substance use among youth with ADHD.
You will be able to:
- Apply a structured approach for adolescent substance use screening and prevention including nicotine, prescription and illicit drugs
- Identify the risks of prescription stimulant misuse among adolescents
- Discuss the prevention and management of substance use disorders among adolescents with ADHD
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Nicholas Chadi, MD, you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation (1 hour)
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Nicholas Chadi, MD Nicholas Chadi is a pediatrician specialized in adolescent and addiction medicine. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Montreal as well as a clinician-scientist at Sainte-Justine University Hospital Centre in Montreal. Read more
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR for social workers, licensed professional clinical counselors, psychologists, continuing health education specialists, and behavioral healthcare workers.
- This course may be used for 1 contact hour for MHRT-C