Learn how to maximize the use of evidence-based practices for the treatment of stimulant use disorder. In this one hour course, Dr. Rawson will address strategies for treatment of stimulant use disorder and review the evidence for integrating multiple approaches:
- Contingency management
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Community Reinforcement
- Motivational Interviewing
- Physical exercise
- Participants will be able to discuss integration of multiple treatments for stimulant use disorder
- Participants will understand how contingency management is used for treatment of stimulant use disorder
- Participants will understand how cognitive behavioral therapy and community reinforcement approaches can assist treatment for stimulant use disorder
How it Works
After watching a video presentation by Richard Rawson, PhD, you will be required to take a short quiz. Upon receiving a grade of 80% or higher, you will be directed to a course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation, you will be able to download a .pdf certificate to get your course credit.
- Video Presentation (1 hour)
- Exit quiz requiring a score of at least 80% to earn contact hours
- Evaluation of the training
About the Presenter
Richard Rawson, Ph.D Dr. Rawson is an Emeritus Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science, UCLA School of Medicine and a Research Professor at the University of Vermont. Read more
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 1 CONTACT HOUR for social workers, licensed professional clinical counselors, psychologists, continuing health education specialists, and behavioral healthcare workers.
- This course may be used for 1 contact hour for MHRT-C Domain 6