Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
CCSME has a new process for course evaluations with our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
By engaging with the individual, the use, and the broader community we can prevent people from developing a SUD. Compassionate, wholistic, and a wellness focused style of engagement has proven successful in changing unwanted behaviors. This approach does not focus on the prevention of use itself, rather it focuses on supporting a person in a wholistic way while reducing the risk of that person developing disordered use. While primarily used with people who are actively using, this type of engagement is part of the broader solution to reduce the impact of substance use on our society. Primary prevention in substance use disorders often focuses on the substance itself. This training will focus on the roles of stigma and discrimination in substance use and ways in which we can play a pivotal role in reducing and preventing use.
You will be able to:
- Contrast use, problem use, and disordered use
- Discuss engagement strategies with the three levels of substance use
- Identify, address and combat stigma and discrimination in yourself and in the community
- Identify skills related to engaging with a person or client in a wholistic way, to prevent or diminish their substance use