This session will review bipolar disorder in patients who are pregnant and postpartum. We will review benefits and risks of using specific mood stabilizers as well as risks of withholding therapy on the dyad. We will then review the CANMAT bipolar disorder guidelines and the ACOG guidelines of psychiatric care in people who are pregnant and postpartum.
- Analyze the efficacy, risks and benefits of withholding or utilizing psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder during the prenatal and peripartum periods.
- Evaluate current guideline recommendations and recent literature describing the use of psychiatric medications in pregnant patients living with a bipolar disorder.
Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
We now use our online course system for course evaluations and certificates. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends:
- Log into this online course
- Click below on “Course Survey” to access the survey. After completing the survey, return to the course page.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
- If you need a certificate for Continuing Medical Education, you will be emailed a CME certificate within 2-3 weeks of completion of the course evaluation.