Online Course Evaluation – How it works:
CCSME has a new process for course evaluations with our online course system. We hope this will ultimately provide a smoother experience for you by allowing you to access your certificate immediately after completing the course evaluation. Here is how it works:
After the live meeting ends, you will receive an email with an evaluation access code.
- Log into this online course
- Under Course Content, click “Step 1: Access Evaluation” and follow the instructions to enter the code.
- After you enter the code, you will be able to continue to the next step of the course and complete the evaluation.
- After you submit the evaluation, click Mark Complete and you will be able to download or print your certificate. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a PDF.
This presentation will review nonmedical opioid use and older adults, including epidemiology, risk factors of diversion, link between opioid use and elder abuse, risk factors for nonmedical opioid use, and prevention strategies for nonmedical use, development of OUD, and overdose.
You will be able to:
- Compare the epidemiology of nonmedical opioids use among older people and the general population
- Describe risk factors for diversion of prescription medications from elderly patients
- List risk factors for at-risk and nonmedical opioid use and overdose among people who are older
- Identify nonmedical opioid prevention strategies