How it Works
This course is a self-guided online training with a combination of readings, videos, and discussion/reflection questions. A .pdf certificate will be issued upon completion of all course material and a course evaluation.
For multiple staff members of an organization who are taking this course at the same time, we recommend forming your own discussion group and meeting weekly for 4 weeks to review the discussion/reflection exercises and questions at the end of each lesson.
- Describe the key principles of a trauma informed approach to treatment in behavioral health and co-occurring services and how they differ from traditional approaches
- Describe the guidelines for implementing a trauma-informed approach in behavioral health treatment services, the elements of trauma-informed workforce development and training, and trauma-informed counselor competencies
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of trauma on people, an ability to utilize trauma screening and assessment protocols in a range of treatment settings, and an understanding of clinical issues across services
- Describe general treatment issues, the range of trauma-specific interventions and cultural competencies related to treatment in a trauma-informed program
About the Facilitator
Patricia A. Burke, MSW, LCSW, BCD is a Board Certified Diplomat in Clinical Social Work, a Certified Clinical Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Social Worker and a Certified Clinical Supervisor with over 30 of clinical and teaching experience.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of an online course evaluation.
No partial credit will be given.
- 8 Category I contact hours for Psychologists are provided.
CCSME is a pre-approved sponsor and provider of Professional Education Activities for Psychologists.
- 8 contact hours for CHES.
CCSME is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Certificate of completion for 8 contact hours for Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, and other Professionals.